Marine Traffic

Thursday, April 16, 2009

News from Teresa Moore

To all, yes there is some news but not much. We did meet with the 2 Unions on Monday at the IBU hall to go over schedules run by run. We went over what hours would work on each said run whether it be 8, 9's or 10. We did make it to E/K from Pt D, but we didn't make it any farther north as we ran out of time. We met again on Tuesday with the State players at the 2901, to go over the contract language changes. So far we have any where from 5 to 7 meetings with them over the language changes and I do believe we have made a lot of progress. 2 steps forward to 2 steps back, sometimes I feel like they are just stalling us so as to when the time comes, they can say "Oh we haven't come to an agreement so here are the schedules". Other times, I feel like they really do want our input and we might have a chance at something, we hand over some schedules and we never see them again! At the last meeting on Tuesday we handed over quite a few schedules up to E/K runs, so at the next meeting we will see what the out come will be, if we talk about them or they went into the black hole! April 15th we have maybe the last meeting on language change, (hopefully) then we can actually move on to schedule talks and what we can actually do and work. So, to that we have a meeting scheduled for April 17th at 8am at the 2901 on actual crew schedules. So, now is the time to get any schedules that you have been working on to anyone on the scheduling committee to take to the meeting. So, here is a final run down on what the qualifications are as we know them now. 
A- No 7 hour days
B- 8, 9 and 10 hour days
C- No traveling watches
D- Stay within the guideline hours of work unless you can jusify any addition of hours.
E- Give the most crews as possible all or part of the weekend off
F- 12 hours in a 24 hour period
G- Move forward in the time clock
H- Be as close to 40 hours in a week as possible, ie; 38, 39 hours might be OK- No less
I-  All tours are off the table

After next weeks meetings I will put more on the sight as I haven't been able to get the news letter up and running. Until that fact I will do my best to keep members up on the news through the LDO sight, everyone has my number, if I fail to keep up please do as Jerry has and either call or remind me through this sight as I do get busy. But will try to do so in a timely manner when time allows. Please any and all get ahold of your Senators, Legislators, send letters or emails and phone calls stating your concern on the ferry issues that concern us! We need all the help we can get, get political

PS- I have to put in, that this is not coming from me (teresa) as a delegate, but (me) as a concerned employee looking for input.

Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment